Systems Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Software Engineering | Annapolis Junction, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight has an exceptional track record of solving the most complex big data challenges and delivering actionable intelligence at the heart of the U.S. national security mission.
On joining our team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
Supporting our nation’s intelligence and DoD community, you will have the opportunity to work with the nation’s largest data sets and assist in solving our nation’s most complex data challenges.
Completing a variety of interesting applied R&D tasks focused on Systems Engineering.
Collaborate with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle complex development problems.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Embracing Emerging Technology: You will leverage a variety of programming languages and technologies, in a well-funded environment, to solve intricate technical problems impacting national security.
- Well-rounded: You appreciate the opportunity to work across multiple technologies such as scripting, development/test/QA tools, cloud, container, and orchestration tools, Linux and Windows operating systems, networking, security and automation.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
- Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop cutting edge solutions.
Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- 3 or more years of experience as a Systems Engineer or related field.
- Analyzes user's requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
- Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities.
- Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies.
- Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology.
- Develops technical documentation.
- Develops system architecture and system design documentation.
- Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans.
- Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts.
- Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility.
- Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
- TS/SCI with polygraph.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Incorporates new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations.
- Participate in the development of system engineering documentation.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.atg-us.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.