Infrastructure | Washington, DC | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
Our expectation is that you will excel in this role if you:
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN equipment and related services
- Responsible for designing, developing, testing, troubleshooting, deploying and maintaining Splunk solutions, reporting, alerting and dashboards
- Strong knowledge of Splunk search language
- Creating production quality dashboards, reports and threshold alerting mechanisms
- Support Splunk on Linux, Windows and virtualized platforms
- Solid understanding of logging technologies (syslog, Windows and UNIX native logging)
- Extensive knowledge of a tier Splunk installation; indexers, forwarders, search heads, clusters
- Familiar with Splunk architecture and best practices
- Driving and managing the technology evaluation and integration of add-ons for Splunk.
- Standardize Splunk forwarder deployment, configuration and maintenance across a variety of platforms
- Apply hot fixes/upgrades
- Create data retention policies and perform index administration, maintenance and optimization
- Should be comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a large client base.
- Ideally would possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate clearly and professionally to emails, and when submitting reports.
- Need to be organized and analytical, and be able to document processes and procedures
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- 5+ years relevant experience in supporting software products to IT organizations
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or a related discipline is preferred but not required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and familiarity with IT management products and services
- Experience with networking, server, application and web technologies
- Strong experience administering and monitoring enterprise operating systems, including Linux and Windows servers
- A broad background in technical infrastructure, including servers, networking devices, and storage is very desirable
- Programming and development skills in at least some of following: Python, Perl, PowerShell, shell scripting, regular expressions (REGEX required)
- Splunk certifications are a plus, but not required
- Effective at communicating clearly to technical and business audiences
- Well organized with a healthy sense of urgency, and able to set, communicate, and meet aggressive deadlines and milestones
Years of Experience: 8 - 10
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.