Systems Engineers | Hampton, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
This is a critical role where you will be providing high quality Global Command and Control System (GCCS) and Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) system administration, technical, engineering, and hardware support for central site Air Combat Command (ACC), Joint Base Langley-Eustis (JBLE) VA and multiple remote locations. You will provide technical support for GCCS and DCO systems (equipment/applications) during the product life cycle and technical support for mission applications (e.g. monitoring domain and Domain Name System (DNS) replication).
You will excel in this role if you are:
A goal-oriented individual who is detailed and organized. You will be on an engineering team and will be the face of the company to this organization. The Systems Engineer is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operations of GCCS systems and servers. The support of the GCCS mission systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Five (5) years of experience providing information systems administration support, of which three (3) years of experience providing technical expertise and support for C4 programs.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related engineering, computer science, information systems, or technical field. Seven (7) years on the job experience and related certifications (e.g. CompTIA Network+ or Cisco Certified Network Professional) can be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree.
- Demonstrated proficiency maintaining the following systems and platforms: Oracle, MS Structured Query Language, UNIX, Solaris OS, NIS+, ACAS, VMWare, NetApp, Red Hat and experience with MS Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Demonstrated expertise with Network Infrastructure to include Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA), Firewall, Router, Switches, IAVA Patching/Upgrade, Documentation and SOP, Failover/Coop.
- C4 IT support experience, including installation, upgrade, and administration of hardware and software; resolution of interoperability issues for the types of mission systems/equipment listed on the equipment list and mission systems listed.
- DoD 8570.01-M IA Level II certification.
- DOD Secret Clearance
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
Experience or knowledge of the following:
MS Server 2008/MS Server 2012 (and subsequent versions as required)
Systems Management Server (SMS)
System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
Domain Name Systems
Network Infrastructure (e.g., Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Patch Panels, VLANs, TACLANEs)
Storage Area Networks(SAN)/Network Attached Storage (NAS)
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.