Internal Application: Systems Engineer
Information Security | Chantilly, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
The division provides support with enterprise search and analytic applications. Team members work in a multitasking, quick-paced, dynamic, process-improvement environment that comprises the principles of biometric technology, large-scale (Terabytes) database and application development, large-scale file manipulation, data modeling, data mapping, data testing, data quality, and documentation preparation. The division directly supports data scientists, targeters and analysts by designing and engineering systems to meet exponential increases in digital data.
The Contractor shall work as a member of a team.
Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improve current techniques.
Expand or modify systems to serve new purposes or improve workflow.
Apply, as appropriate, activity and data modeling, transaction flow analysis, internal control and risk analysis and modern business methods and performance measurement techniques.
Provide technical guidance in software engineering techniques and automated support tools.
Maintain a strong awareness of technical trends in information technology.
Provide analysis, design, development, deployment, and lifecycle support for hardware systems and applications.
Develop systems that comply with enterprise technical architecture.
Provide staff and users with assistance solving computer related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems.
Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Demonstrated expert with Linux and Unix system administration.
- Demonstrated experience with HADOOP System Administration.
- Demonstrated experience with building infrastructure using AWS API command line interfaces to interact with AWS Services.
- Demonstrated experience with scripting languages such as Ruby on Rails, Python, Java.
- Demonstrated experience provisioning tools to build and deploy bulk groups of virtual and physical servers efficiently to support system needs.
- Demonstrated experience configuring and implementing enterprise level system monitoring tools.
- Demonstrated experience securing Windows and Linux environments utilizing the latest in security best practices while meeting immediate mission demands.
- Demonstrated experience designing, engineering and implementing automated patch management of Linux and Windows environments.
- Demonstrated experience building end-to-end systems.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.