Systems Engineer / Analyst - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Software Engineering | Annapolis Junction, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight has an exceptional track record of solving the most complex big data challenges and delivering actionable intelligence at the heart of the U.S. national security mission.
On joining our team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
Be part of a dynamic team that provides systems, network and storage engineering services to support the customer.
The target focus will be to develop, maintain, and support an enclave comprised of various hardware and software components to include physical storage (NetApp, Dell Isilon and Compellent), software defined storage (Dell FlexOS), and network components (Brocade and Cisco).
This effort will include phased system upgrades and improvements aimed to ensure the continued execution of the mission.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Embracing Emerging Technology: You will leverage a variety of programming languages and technologies, in a well-funded environment, to solve intricate technical problems impacting national security.
- Well-rounded: You appreciate the opportunity to work across multiple technologies such as scripting, development/test/QA tools, cloud, container, and orchestration tools, Linux and Windows operating systems, networking, security and automation.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
- Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop cutting edge solutions.
Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- At least 18 years of general experience in systems engineering, administration, analysis, or related; or a Bachelor's and 14 years of experience; or a Master's and 12 years of experience
- Broad Red Hat Linux administration
- Experience with several of the following: NFS, Authentication and Access, DNS, Cisco IOS TCP/IP, Workstation Support, VMWare virtualization, Data Domain De-duplication, Isilon NAS storage, NetApp File storage.
- One or more of the following certifications: Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CySA+ **, GICSP, GSEC, CND, SSCP, CISSP, GCIH, CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, GCED
- TS/SCI with polygraph
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Red Hat Certified Engineer or RHCSA
- Enterprise Class Storage experience
- LAN knowledge
- Proxy servers
- Help implement and improve customer Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) including regular backup and recovery activities for large data sets as well as disaster planning.
- Provide architecture design, coordination and support for staff office moves.
- Understanding customer power/space/cooling approval processes strongly preferred.
- Experience supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration.
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate with outside organizations to resolve network, system, server or other problems
- Experience in a customer-facing role developing system requirements and CONOPS
- Planning and using resources effectively; orchestrating multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish work
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.