Infrastructure | Arlington , Virginia | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
Candidates responsibilities include but are not limited to the receipt, inventory, change/configuration control, and maintenance of IT technology hardware, software, accessories, and supplies provided as GFE for the support and maintenance of day-to-day operations of the customer Lab.
The Lab Network Administrator will develop, refine, and adhere to formal change and configuration management processes and procedures in addition to assembling, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining the customer Lab in serviceable condition. The Lab Network Administrator will ensure equipment is removed only with prior Government approval and managed using best practices facilitating requests from engineering staff to ensure the availability of requested resources and the re-appropriating of said GFE once a task completes. The GI Lab Network Administrator will periodically make unscheduled visits as required to the COOP/DR site for equipment system/component installation, de-installation, and servicing.
The Lab Network Administrator candidate must demonstrate experience working within large-scale enterprise environments encompassing host data center postures and remote offices with Continuous Operations (COOP), Disaster Recovery (DR), and Incident Response (IR) sites.
Because of the nature of the various IT technologies integrated in the Lab, the candidate must have a minimum of three (3) years of contiguous Lab management administrative and engineering hands-on experience across the various technologies including but not limited to SAN, VMware, Cloud, Windows 2012 or higher, SCCM, desktop applications, Cisco networking, SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange, O365, etc.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and other Microsoft applications
Applications troubleshooting experience
Printer troubleshooting experience
Experience working with a service desk ticketing system such as Remedy or Servicenow
Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory
Experience working on a Tier 1 Helpdesk
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Microsoft O365 cloud instances
SCCM package deployment and reporting
Experience reading Bigfix reports and help with remediation efforts
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.