System Operations Tools Administrator
Infrastructure | Springfield, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
Support the Intelligence community in providing technical support for the customer’s system test and integration lab, and customer production environment. Provides hand-on support for the IT infrastructure and technical assistance and support as needed to on-site administrators supporting the other two environments.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Leads team of O&M Systems Administrators
- Provides guidance and direction when needed and prioritizes tasks
- Excellent writing skills required for preparing documentation and other technical deliverables
- Organizes and directs the configuration and operation of information management systems
- Provide the day-to-day system administration to include system and resource optimization, and user assistance
- Maintain servers, create and review monitoring reports and logs, and ensure functionality of system links
- Performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, system and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Providing hands-on guidance and training to more junior staff
- Applying OS patches for RHEL and Windows servers; configuring/adding new services as necessary; and performing ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource, optimization as required
- Working with Architecture team to gather all needed documentation and training need for O&M team to perform tasks
- Configuring CPU, memory and disk partitions as required
- Performing regular security monitoring to identify vulnerabilities and any possible intrusions; setting up and managing frequent and regular (at least daily) backup operations, ensuring that all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to appropriate media, plus creating recovery tapes or disks as necessary; performing regular file archive and purge as necessar
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Candidate must have 16 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 0 years of experience OR Masters and 8 years, Bachelors and 12 years, Associates and 14 years or HS and 16 years.
- Must comply with DoD 8570 IAT Level 2.
- Must have prior leadership or managerial experience
- Must be able to process and analyze information and trouble calls submitted by a customer (e.g., system administrator, developer, security specialist), make determinations, provide and implement solutions
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision to perform complex technical tasks
- Build and O&M of Linux RHEL systems, Build and O&M of MS Windows Server systems, Build and O&M of virtual environment that includes virtual servers and virtual routers, Build and O&M Oracle Servers
- Build and O&M of multiple Network Management applications, Build and O&M of VCenter which includes the O&M of VM templates, Build and O&M of ESXi hosts, Build and O&M of hardware , Build and O&M of Oracle Databases
- Understanding of DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) information security requirements, standards, and best practices; DIACP compliancy with Retina, DISA STIG and IAVA patch management
- Perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency effectively
- Proficient in use of Microsoft WORD and EXCEL
- Increase system administrator efficiency and accuracy via the use of automated tools and scripts, develop system administrator procedures, and conduct system administrator training and skills assessment
- Develop and coordinate project directions and schedules to maximize benefits and minimize impacts on the customer organization
- Conduct capacity and performance analysis, and provides system configuration change and upgrade recommendations
- Determine computer user needs; analyze system capabilities and programming techniques and controls
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of systems and perform system capacity analysis and planning
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.