System Engineer III
Systems Engineers | Linthicum Heights, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Bridges, an Applied Insight Company, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Bridges, an Applied Insight company team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
As the Systems Engineer, you will develop capabilities to shift from the current manual system security evaluation and authorization process to a new model that emphasizes automation, streamlined processes and approvals, continuous monitoring and assessment, and network data gathering across the entire life cycle of a project. The System Engineer will require, but not limited to the following skills:
- Apply Process improvement and Engineering methodologies and principles to conduct process modernization projects
- Assist the Government with the transitioning of existing project teams and the facilitation of project teams in the accomplishment project activities and objectives
- Perform activity and data modeling, developing modern business methods, identifying best practices, and creating and assessing performance management
- Provides group facilitation, interviewing, training, and additional forms of knowledge transfer
- Serves as key coordinator between multiple project teams to ensure enterprise-wide integration of reengineering efforts
- Document and track requirements and assist in driving them to completion
- Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph Clearance
- In-depth knowledge of RMF (Risk Management Framework) - RMF provides a structured yet flexible approach for determining the appropriate level of risk mitigation needed to protect information systems, information, and infrastructure from serious treats
- Define, implement and maintain business processes and procedures to meet business objectives
- Analyze and identify opportunities for business process improvements
- Develop initiatives for continuous business process improvements
- Ensure in compliance with customer and company proposed standards
- Work with customer and developers in integration of new and existing business processes
- Use best practices to carry out business process analysis, re-engineering, process measurements and change management activities
- Work with stakeholders to identify business requirements, processes and risks
- Evaluate current business processes and recommend solutions for improvements
- Develop and maintain best practices to meet changing business needs
- Execute projects for ongoing business improvements
- Provide technical advice on processing technology, capability, risks, and costs
- Experience applying business process engineering principles
- 5 years experience and a Bachelors degree in Information Systems or other related field. In lieu of a Bachelors degree, 4 additional years experience is required
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst which include a PPO plan and 2 HMP Plans
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed. 3% 401K profit share contribution.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; sick and vacation. Plus 80 hours of Holiday leave (10 days)
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off. -per month
- Everyone is eligible for an annual bonus based on performance
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s vaccination policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or receive a legal exemption and must submit proof of vaccination or exemption on their first day of employment.