Networking | Annapolis Junction, MD | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Stratus Solutions has been selected to assist the DoD Enterprise DevSecOps initiative by bringing innovative technology to the Armed Services in support of modern, cloud-based software development environments. Specifically, Stratus has been tasked to build a cloud-native access point that will enable software developers throughout the DoD to securely connect and perform secure, modern software development tasks within a commercial cloud.
This is an interdisciplinary effort and includes technologies such as DevSecOps tools, containerization, agile tools, DoD PKI, VPN, boundary defense (IDS/IPS), vulnerability scanning, web application firewalls, Comply2Connect, and end-point scanning and patching. This effort affords our team members the unique opportunity of working with leading-edge cloud computing technologies utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
This is a new-start program for Stratus Solutions, so you will be entering this opportunity on the ground floor. Our team has the freedom to architect a complete solution from beginning-to-end based on customer requirements, best practices, and our recommended design considerations. Stratus Solutions is in the unique position of having successfully completed similar cloud-centric solutions of like scope for other government clients. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with our existing staff of cloud computing subject matter experts for knowledge transfer and support throughout this effort.
We are seeking the best and brightest to join our team. This is your opportunity to fuse your in-depth knowledge and experience with the latest in cutting-edge cloud computing technologies.
Help architect and design complex computing environments using Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
You will be given the opportunity to help to design and build advanced technical solutions within cloud-based environments based on the results of customer requirements gathering initiatives. This position is a golden opportunity for a system engineer to architect a complex environment from a clean slate based on specific missions identified by the client. This is a multi-faceted position requiring you to spend time working directly with the customer, your technical team members, project leadership, AWS, and Azure services to create a secure, scalable, reliable software development environment.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
- Help to identify and solidify customer requirements for projects/tasks
- Deliver articulate and effective briefings/presentations on complex security, infrastructure, and networking topics.
- Create relevant documentation to aid in successful engineering planning and execution efforts
- Provide architecture support to technical team leads and staff
- Assist with Communications to all levels of Stakeholders
- Advise team leadership and government stakeholders on the feasibility of potential future projects and solutions
You will excel in this role if you are:
- A “technology translator”: You will be bridging the gap between both technical and non-technical audiences and must be able to speak to each in a language they understand.
- Big Picture thinker with execution know-how: You will need to understand the customer’s overarching high-level goals as well as the goals of each individual team.
- Embracing Emerging Technology: You will leverage AWS, Azure and accompanying tools daily as you help to design and plan out a game-changing development environment from the ground up.
- Motivated: You are a self-starter who is eager to learn new techniques, methodologies, technologies, and best practices for system implementations.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Able to understand and explain technical subject matter to non-technical and highly technical audiences.
- Experience analyzing proposed capabilities, recommends COAs, and develops solutions to address areas of concern for shortfalls.
- Able to develop concept papers, technical white papers, and related documentation detailing cybersecurity practices for solution implementation throughout DoD.
- Experience analyzing customer requirements, designing high-level system architectures, creating system requirements specifications, and authoring CONOPs documents.
- Experience conducting briefings to a variety of audiences and convey information in a clear and articulate manner.
- Able to develop and deliver articulate and effective briefings/presentations on complex topics as applicable to assigned projects to any size audience that may include high-level decision makers.
- Able to create a positive client support experience and build relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution.
- Experience with technical project management activities.
- Experience with Agile software development methodology.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Process oriented with great documentation skills.
- US Citizenship is required, Active DoD Security Clearance preferred.
- Eligibility for access to Special Access Program information, including the willingness to submit to a counter-intelligence polygraph
- Willingness to travel within the continental US. (Note- travel is not expected to be constant, but expected to be more frequent in the beginning of this project during the requirements gathering, planning and coordination stages)
Nice to have:
- AWS and/or Microsoft Azure experience preferred, but not mandatory. At a minimum, you should have an understanding/ knowledge of commercial cloud architectures, capabilities, and services
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree).
- Knowledge of containerization and distributed microservice architectures
- Knowledge of Agile, DevSecOps and CI/CD in support of development environments
- Experience operating within IC or DoD environments.
- Experience in Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
What We Will Provide In Return:
- Excellent compensation and amazing benefits that include top of the line BCBS PPO coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Generous paid time off that includes sick, vacation and floating holidays as well as the ability to bank hours worked over target for use as leave within the same quarter.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should hire those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success, further their expertise and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication via slack, internal messaging boards and email lists, our employee newsletter and an open-door policy.
www.stratussolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.