Systems Engineers | Chantilly, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
The Sponsor is initiating a new engineering project as part of its larger global services and global hosting strategic initiatives that cross several enterprise service areas. There is a need for a common IT enterprise management capability for network and platform services. The Program will harden the global management plane of devices providing multi-tenant services. The overall objective of these initiatives are to establish, sustain and mature platform hosting and enterprise services. The goal is to enable the adoption of modern and secure development and engineering practices that produce repeatable, successful, deployments of critical enterprise global services. Priorities will be managed by staff leadership.
You will excel in this role if you are:
The System engineer shall deliver automation capabilities that utilize infrastructure as code best practices.
The System engineer shall establish a continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline to include tools, workflows, and associated documentation.
The System engineer shall work with partner organizations such as networks, security, and desktops teams.
The System engineer shall standardize base system builds and configurations to enable rapid, repeatable, remote automated deployments.
The System engineer shall meet the Sponsor’s unique security and implementation requirements.
The System engineer shall implement data replication, backups and disaster recovery configurations across use cases and environments.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with bash scripting, PowerShell scripting, python scripting
- Demonstrated hands-on (not policy) experience in two (2) or more of the following areas: Network, host, cloud, data, or application security in multiple operating system environments
- Demonstrated hands-on experience working with operating system security such as Windows, Solaris, or Linux
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with databases, LDAP and directory services
- Demonstrated hands-on (not policy) experience working with IP networking and networking protocols
- Demonstrated experience understanding of security-related technologies including encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, electronic mail and access lists
- Demonstrated experience working with Internet, web, application, and network security techniques
- Demonstrated hands-on experience creating test plans and conducting evaluations or prototyping
- Demonstrated hands-on experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure architecture or other cloud computing environments
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with Microsoft Windows Core services configuration
- Demonstrated experience with Active Directory and integration with Active Directory
- Demonstrated experience with endpoint security solutions such as Applocker, Carbon Black Application Whitelisting, McAfee product suites, ePolicy Orchestrator, or Tanium
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Demonstrated experience developing documentation to meet security requirements and guidance.
- Demonstrated experience with the security authorization process to achieve system ATO
- Demonstrated experience with Cross Domain Solutions that transfer data between networks
- Demonstrated experience working with network enclaves, firewalls, secure architectures
- Demonstrated experience with Splunk, Splunk IT Service Intelligence, or Splunk Enterprise Security
- Demonstrated experience with DevOps Practices
- Demonstrated experience engineering within an Agile framework
- Demonstrated experience with the Sponsor's policies, directives, and standards
- CISSP - Certified Information System Security Professional
- Microsoft Azure
- AWS - AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, AWS Certified DevOps, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, AWS Certified Security
- CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s vaccination policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or receive a legal exemption and must submit proof of vaccination or exemption on their first day of employment.