Internal Application: System Administrator - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Infrastructure | College Park, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Stratus Solutions, Applied Insight’s cloud infrastructure specialists, delivers next-generation cloud solutions that give Federal customers greater command and control, insight and security for their public and private cloud deployments.
On joining our team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life:
As the System Administrator you will troubleshoot and solve technical problems in both Linux and Windows environments via phone, email, chat and ticketing systems. You will support daily IT operational activities as well as a variety of specific research projects/needs.
You will excel in this role if you have:
- An instinct for troubleshooting and the inability to give up (at least until the problem is resolved)
- An eagerness to learn new tools and technologies
- A desire to grow your career and take your infrastructure skills to the next level
- The ability to communicate with just about anyone in a language they understand. (This is a user-facing role and you will be working with a highly technical team.)
What we are expecting from you:
- At least 3 years of technical experience with a strong background in Windows and Linux troubleshooting
- Hands on experience with Linux and/or Windows
- Hands on experience with Active Directory
- Experience providing systems and application support for large networks, including hardware and software support, creating and maintaining Active Directory and unix accounts, and resolving tickets in a timely manner
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols; understanding, analyzing, troubleshooting
- Excellent oral and written skills with a keen sense of customer service
- Ability to quickly learn and shift in step with the latest virtualization and networking technologies
- BS in Information Systems (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree.)
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret (with Polygraph) Federal Government clearance
What we are desiring from you:
- Hands on experience with virtualization technologies (e.g. VMWare, Zen, Citrix, KVM)
- Hands on experience with storage technologies/protocols (e.g. NetApp, LUN’s, Fibre Channel, CIFS, NFS)
- Hands on experience with Networking Devices (Cisco, Juniper, Brocade)
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.stratussolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.