System Administrator (Tier III)
Other | Washington, DC | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Maintaining the current print server and manage configuration changes as required due to printer refreshes or other changes.
- Remotely push monthly system patches and security vulnerability updates to workstations using the Government-provided tools (currently Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager-SCCM) and Microsoft Windows SUS Services.
- Provide intermediate level of troubleshooting for all Microsoft Office Products, Active Directory/Exchange, and patch management support.
- Maintain and update on a monthly basis the current approved OIS images for all approved workstation configurations across the USCP enterprise.Providing Tier III technical support to the PC technicians including troubleshooting, repairing, installing and configuring printers, scanners, cameras and all hardware related to workstations when required.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering (Equivalent experience may be substituted for education)
- A minimum of 4 years of experience administering Windows Servers 2008+.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience (Intermediate level or above proficiency) with SCCM to manage servers and deploy patches.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience developing, testing and deploying workstation images for government/private agencies.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience managing print services or similar functions.
- Applying OS and other workstation patches and upgrades on a regular basis using administrative tools and utilities including SCCM.
- Experience in maintaining and managing service accounts as required. Installing, modifying and maintains systems and utility software on server computer systems.
- Must have experience working with Microsoft Windows (Windows 7 and Windows 10) and Microsoft Office (MS Office 2016) and general Exchange/Outlook support.
- Experience in working with contractors and technical teams to ensure the development, testing, and on-schedule turn-up of the customized image processes.
- Experience with providing vulnerability remediation support on any potential security findings for workstations across an enterprise.
- Experience in conducting ad-hoc vulnerability scans and remediation for clients within a fast paced environment.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Ability to troubleshoot as required print servers, patch management or other Tier III efforts, leading problem solving efforts with OIS personnel, other technical personnel and/or organizations.
- Ability to provide clients with security vulnerability remediation recommendations and guidance, up to and including remediation tracking and reporting. This may include working directly with other IT resources and teams responsible for remediation.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from Anthem BCBS which include PPO plans and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance options.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes vacation and floating holidays.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.