Infrastructure | Herndon, Virginia | Full Time
Your Mission: Bring modern-day System Administration/DevOps capabilities in support of mission customers
Enhance your current skillset by disrupting traditional processes building a cloud-native using AWS technologies coupled with modern programming languages and methodologies. You will be an integral part of a team of knowledgeable technologists responsible for helping to build a nationwide cloud presence within the IC for software development. This is a multi-faceted position requiring you to spend time working directly with AWS services and variety of web frameworks and languages (Angular, Django, Python, Java) to create scalable and modern-day cloud-native web applications.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
The Sponsor develops, deploys, and maintains entitlement management software for both the Sponsor and Sponsor's partners. Enterprise Entitlement Management (EM) is a critical piece of the Identities, Credentials, and Access Management (ICAM) strategy to provide consistent, reliable, auditable, and secure access management approval and processing workflows. The EM Services leverage cloud hosting to meet availability, scalability and security demands. The Sponsor requires support for the EM Services in the areas of database infrastructure development, operations, and maintenance; system SecDevOps to develop, operate, and maintain COTS, FOSS, and custom software components; and project integration support relevant to system specifications and requirements. The Contractor team will function as part of an existing Agile/Scrum contractor development team.
For the System Administration:
The Contractor shall support operational deployments. The Contractor shall write deployment documentation. The Contractor shall coordinate with and notify sponsor’s partners of deployments. The Contractor shall support partner connection configurations and promotions. The Contractor shall implement and maintain meticulous change management and version control within the sponsor’s environments.
The Contractor shall identify a system’s functional, performance, or security issues using monitoring tools and reviewing server or application logs. The Contractor shall identify environment and system functional, performance, or security issues using available monitoring tools.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- · Demonstrated experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- · Demonstrated experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) such as reserved instances.
- · Demonstrated experience maintaining and deploying systems in the AWS cloud.
- · Demonstrated experience with the complete project development lifecycle from project inception to deployment.
- · Demonstrated experience working in a technical team to design, test and evaluate systems.
- · Demonstrated experience working with stakeholders and mission partners.
- · Demonstrated experience with SecDevOps tools to automate and builds and deployments
- · Demonstrated experience establishing and maintaining code and artifact repositories.
- · Demonstrated experience with security access analysis, design, load optimization, and implementation.
- · Demonstrated experience in reducing system operating time and improving efficiency.
- · Demonstrated experience in assessing server loads and developing tuning recommendations.
- · Demonstrated experience with software installing, updating, backing up and restoring.
- · Demonstrated experience diagnosing and resolving complex system and network issues.
- · Demonstrated experience developing technical security safeguards and operational security measures.
- · Active TS/SCI clearance with Full Scope Polygraph
Nice to have:
- · AWS experience preferred, but not mandatory
- · AWS Solutions Architect or Developer Associate Certification
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.