Corporate | Tysons, VA | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
Our expectation is that you will excel in this role if you:
Perform daily, monthly, and year-end accounting functions. Duties will span General Ledger, Payroll, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable.
- Prepare and review monthly close entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and bank reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation and support of annual financial statement audit.
- Provide support during the preparation of federal and state income tax returns as well as resolving various tax notices or requests.
- Work closely with the Accounting Manager to document and monitor accounting policies and internal controls.
- Analyzes information and data through spreadsheet reports and other supporting information.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field is required.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of relevant experience at a professional services company.
- Government contracting experience is preferred.
- Strong understanding of FAR cost principle.
- Solid understanding of GAAP and basic accounting procedures.
- Demonstrated experience with accounts payable, payroll, and/or general ledger functions.
- Prior billing experience with government billing platform is a plus.
- Hands on experience with Accounting ERP software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications; with advanced Excel skills.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.