Sr. Windows Engineer – SCCM
Infrastructure/Security | Arlington, VA | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
Our expectation is that you will excel in this role if you:
- Provide operational support for day to day activities involving SCCM Client Health, Software Distribution, Software Updates, and Operating systems deployment.
- Provide incident and problem management support and proactively identify the shortcomings and provide solutions for sustained and predictable delivery of operational tasks using but not limited to Microsoft SCCM.
- Act as an escalation point for troubleshooting issues with Client Health, Software Distribution, Software Updates, and Operating System migrations for both internal and external customers.
- Proactively identify and log bugs/ DCR’s to relevant teams with thorough follow-up. Collaborate with various support and development teams to improve the overall quality of deliver.
- Use technical expertise in Windows, SCCM, SQL, and WMI as well as other enterprise applications to automate manual tasks.
- Troubleshoot failures.
- Identify system problems and recommend solutions to improve processing efficiency and stability.
- Assist in building, implementing and improving processes related with day-to-day Service delivery operations.
- Resolve tickets in queue for Software Distribution
- Perform Sustainer Patch management activities. All related Work Items should be completed within 48 hours.
- Perform troubleshooting and Remediation for patch and software distribution issues.
- Perform OSD tasks as per the defined processes.
- Follow documented Escalation process.
- Perform testing on tools/scripts developed by MPSD within the guidelines set when receiving the project.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Minimum 7-10 years deploying and/or operating Configuration Manager 2016.
- Ability to write complex SQL/WQL queries.
- Thorough understanding of Windows server and client platforms.
- Excellent in Windows, SQL, VBS / PowerShell Scripting and WMI to automate manual tasks
- Knowledge of WMI and XML
- Experience in OS Deployment technologies such as Configuration Manager OSD, PXE, WDS/RIS, Driver Management, USMT, and Peer Caching
- Good understanding of Active Directory, OU structures and Group Policies is a big plus
- Understanding of Branch Cache, Multicast and related network technologies is a big plus
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.