Sr. Systems Administrator (Data Center Ops Tier 2+ Technician)
Infrastructure | Arnold, MO | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
*****Shift Hours: Wednesdays - Saturdays (5:30PM - 5:30AM)*****
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
The operations team is responsible for Tier 2 operational support of a mission-critical Enterprise Identity & Access Management system. The position includes operational monitoring and management of Linux servers and COTS software; as well as acting as a Help Desk for users who need assistance. As the program gains more consumers; we continue to meet the high demand to provide cutting-edge technology to our customer and their partner organizations.
Specific duties for this position include:
- Analyze system performance and take corrective actions as needed
- Troubleshoot system incidents
- Assist users with system problems
- Coordinate with Tier 1 support; mission partners; end users; and others
- Monitor and report meaningful metrics
- Develop and update support documentation and Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability to independently represent the program in supporting a consumer's or mission partner's maintenance activity
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Comfortable discussing technical information with users and other support personnel.
- Ability to quickly learn new software and IT concepts.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as an integral member of a team.
- Ability to work weekend; and overnight shifts on a regular rotation.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.