Sr. Systems Administrator
Systems Administrators | Annapolis Junction, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Bridges, an Applied Insight Company, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Bridges, an Applied Insight company team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
As the Sr. Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating systems, application software, and system management tools for an unclassified Unix and Windows enclave. You must create policies and procedures to ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability required to run the evaluation of various technical solutions.
Additional tasking shall include researching, evaluating, comparing, and recommending COTS, GOTS, and FOSS libraries, frameworks, and tools across multiple disciplines that could integrate into a future system of system (SoS) software stack. You must be familiar with current industry standards, trends and tool suites used in the disciplines below.
- Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM)
- Configuration Management (CM) and Auto Provisioning
- Systems Monitoring and Analytics
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Fifteen (15) years' experience as a SA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SA experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Experience with scripting Bash/Python
- Experience with using the Unix command line
- Experience performing System Administration including installation, configuration, and sustainment of COTS/GOTS/FOSS software in a Unix and Windows environment
- Experience configuring, and sustaining storage appliances such as NetApps and JBODs
- Experience with IaC concepts and tools such as Ansible, SaltStack, Puppet, and Chef
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Experience with network monitoring tools such as Nagios and Gangilia
- Familiar with metrics visualization technologies such as Grafana and Kibana
- Familiar with software frameworks used for searching, monitoring, and analyzing big data such as Elastic Stack and Splunk
- Familiar with containerization technologies such as Docker
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst which include a PPO plan and 2 HMP Plans
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed. 3% 401K profit share contribution.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; sick and vacation. Plus 80 hours of Holiday leave (10 days)
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off. -per month
- Everyone is eligible for an annual bonus based on performance
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.