Sr. Software Engineer
Software Engineering | Laurel, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
You will be an integral part of a team of knowledgeable technologists responsible for helping to build an enterprise-wide private Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) environment. This is a multi-faceted position requiring you to spend time working with configuration management tooling, OpenStack, and integrating with back-end resources.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph Clearance
- Experience with various operating systems, applications, environments, and cloud computing platforms to create IT automation and orchestration activities.
- Extensive experience with time-series databases, specifically InfluxDB
- Experience with agile development in Go
- Experience with developing and interacting with REST API interfaces
- Experience writing complex queries and interacting with third party applications
- Experience performing automation in Windows or Linux environments using scripting languages such as Bash or PowerShell.
- Experience with development CI/CD tools such as Git, Jira, GitLab, or Jenkins
- 12 years infrastructure engineering experience, BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree, 6 years for a Master’s, and 8 for a Ph.D.).
- At least one technical certification in systems engineering (e.g. INSOCE), Information Security (e.g. CISSP), Networking (e.g. CCNA), System Administration (e.g. RHCE, MCSE), virtualization (e.g. VCP), information systems management (e.g. ITIL), Project Management (e.g. PMP, Agile), or in other IT-related domain.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
https://www.applied-insight.com/careers/open-positions/ EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
COVID Policy: Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s COVID-19 policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or submit to regular testing as defined in the policy and must self certify to their vaccination status on their first day of employment.