Sr. Cloud DevSecOps Engineer
Cloud | Remote | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Architect and cloud networking AWS and/or Azure (such as Layer 2/Layer 3 in commercial cloud hypervisors)
- Apply concepts such as transit gateways, VPC peering, transitive routing, etc.
- Configure and deploy virtualized routers (Cisco, Linux), Firewalls (Palo Alto), Web application firewalls, Software-defined perimeters (AppGate).
- Contribute to git repositories and help with code review and approval Deploy, configure, and manage Kubernetes clusters utilizing tools and services such as Helm, ArgoCD, Istio, and Prometheus Implement Single-Sign-On (SSO) solutions with MFA, SAML, and iDP integration Implement Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), policy creation and enforcement Develop and manage VDI solutions utilizing AWS Workspaces, Azure Windows Virtual Desktop and other offerings Harden security at the cloud provider, networking, and OS layers
- Configure, manage and integrate logging to EFK Stacks (ElasticSearch, Fluentd, Kibana)
- Develop and assist with architecting custom solutions with code, tools, and cloud services Perform deep-level troubleshooting of cloud services, various tools, and applications
- Create and continuously update documentation
- Continuously work with management and peers to improve processes and timeliness for deployments
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Take initiative to implement new solutions and perform research, design, and implementation.
- Ability to work independently on tasking.
- Possess In-Depth understanding of Cloud Architecture and DevSecOps deployment methodologies.
- Possess knowledge of Platform One Big Bang, and Cloud One Production environments.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- U.S. Citizenship required Current Secret clearance (or higher) is required and be eligible for us to upgrade your clearance to TS/SCI
- Experience with cloud automation, CI/CD, or serverless tools.
- Experience working with JSON or YAML to write Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Ansible)
- Experience with implementing, troubleshooting and securing/monitoring cloud networks. (TCP/IP, Layer 3 Routing, BGP, Firewall Security) Cloud Experience (AWS, Azure) and knowledge of best practices
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Go, Bash, or PowerShell. Experience with Linux configuration management, system administration, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with configuring and deploying containers.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (e.g., Gitlab, Jenkins)
- Experience developing using cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, Azure) using containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes), managed using infrastructure as code (e.g., Terraform, Ansible) Division of duties would be 90% remote with 10% possibility of being on-site
- Must successfully pass a background check and any additional customer background investigation requirements prior to employment
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Firewall configuration and management experience AWS Solutions Architect, Developer, or SysOps Administrator Associate Certification.
- Azure Administrator Associate, Developer Associate, Deveops Solutions, Deveops Engineer Expert Cloud-Native Architectures Knowledge of Agile development methodologies Experience in Zero Trust Architectures
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
Applied Insight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.