Solution Architect (Azure)
Infrastructure | Remote | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Stratus Solutions, Applied Insight’s cloud infrastructure specialists, delivers next-generation cloud solutions that give Federal customers greater command and control, insight and security for their public and private cloud deployments.
On joining our team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Every day we support missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and development operations (DevOps).
At Applied Insight, you will solve real-world problems, work amongst others who share your passions and feed your ambition. Our company was built by and is run by engineers who not only realize the importance of hiring those who are great at what they do, but also understand and grant the autonomy you need to achieve success. We give you the tools you need to “empower” your career.
Your Mission: Become a "cloud-aware" solutions architect focused on solving complex customer problems.
Enhance your current technology skillset by solving technical problems through the architecture, development, and implementation of complex cloud-based solutions. You will be given the opportunity to grow your current mastery of operating systems, software development, workflow orchestration, configuration management, and cloud provider services through solutions architecture efforts on Azure (primarily) and also AWS. This is a multi-faceted position requiring you to spend time working directly with cloud engineers, and the underlying technologies themselves, to design customized cloud-based solutions to real-world customer problems – in both government and commercial spaces. You will interact with senior customer leaders and technical stakeholders to help them achieve increased agility and create significant business value by migrating to the cloud.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
- Creating, articulating, and positioning innovative and compelling value propositions for cloud-based solutions
- Defining and executing technical architectures by working with highly-skilled technical teams within AI
- Working with large-scale network, compute, and storage architectures to help remove roadblocks in customer projects.
- Engage with development, infrastructure, security, and IT operations components to design enterprise-grade government solutions within Azure.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to identify, develop, and close business opportunities and proposals.
You will excel in this role if you are:
Well-Rounded: You bring in-depth experience across multiple and varying technologies including Azure, AWS, Linux and Windows O/S, and others.
Solution-Oriented: You are capable of being customer-facing, to help build solutions that increase value proposition.
Big Picture Thinker with Execution Know-How: You can understand a customer or team members overarching goal while designing enterprise solutions that address those goals.
Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop solutions for use by a multitude of customers.
Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you should have):
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud computing platform and Azure cloud-native services.
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux operating system environments, including installation, configuration, operation, and customization efforts.
- Experience with technical architectures across IT consulting, IT operations, application development, or support
- Ability to quickly learn and shift in step with the latest cloud-computing, networking, and infrastructure management technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
Nice to have:
- Experience in a range of technology areas focused around cloud migration, design, implementation, and operation.
- Experience with other cloud computing platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), etc.
- Experience with infrastructure configuration management tools such as SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, CSP-native containerization tools, etc.
- Experience with auditing/logging tools such as ElasticSearch, Kibana, Fluentd, Apache NiFi, Splunk, CSP-native logging mechanisms, etc.
- Experience working with infrastructure security tools/products such as Tenable, McAfee, Cylance, Security Onion, etc.
- Experience with development of remote access solutions such as VDI (Azure Windows Remote Desktop, AWS WorkSpaces) and VPN (AppGate, OpenVPN, Cisco AnyConnect).
- Experience with managing and customizing system monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, Nagios, etc.
- Experience managing a distributed vulnerability scanning environment using Tenable, Rapid7, OpenVAS, etc.
- Experience with deploying and managing IDS/IPS systems such as Zeek, Snort, etc.
- Expertise working with networking elements including routers, switches and firewalls across multiple product lines including Cisco and PaloAlto.
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study.
- Technical cloud certifications for Microsoft Azure.
- Other technical certifications from organizations such as AWS, Google, RedHat, etc.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.stratussolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.