Software Engineering | Reston, Virginia | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A Day in the life
- Exceptionally Complex - researches and evaluates new concepts and processes to improve performance.
- Analyzes cross-functional problem sets, identifies root causes and resolves issues.
- Assists more junior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities.
- Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians, specialists, and/or managers. Individual Work/Teamwork or Leadership/Management: Leadership/ Management - Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and leads multiple tasks, projects or teams.
- Oversees and monitors performance, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
- Guidance: Directs multiple teams through to project completion. Provides guidance and direction to lower level technicians, specialists, and managers.
**** As a result of COVID precautions, the position requires working 2nd shift (2pm - 9pm). If/when COVID precautions can be relaxed, position may be flexible around moving to 1st shift.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Experience creating and executing test procedures in support of development, integration, regression and user acceptance testing.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with software testing
- Experience using Redmine
- Experience with Agile (working with a scrum team)
- Automated testing with tools such as Selenium
- High School diploma/GED with 10 years of experience, or Associates degree with 8 years of experience, or Bachelors degree with 6 years of experience, or Masters degree with 4 years of experience, or PhD with 2 years of experience.
- TS/SCI Clearance
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.