Software Engineer - TS
Software Engineering | Annapolis Junction, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Stratus Solutions, Applied Insight’s cloud infrastructure specialists, delivers next-generation cloud solutions that give Federal customers greater command and control, insight and security for their public and private cloud deployments.
On joining our team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life:
As the Software Engineer you will:
- Develop infrastructure automation components presented to end users via a web UI.
- Interact with various operating systems, applications, environments, and cloud computing platforms to create IT automation and orchestration activities.
- Use open source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the project.
- Collaborate with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problems.
- Perform incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered.
- Continually look for ways to leverage our automation software suite to add enhancements to the end users.
- Perform backend business logic for interaction with various 3rd party products.
- Perform automated cloud and network provisioning.
What we are expecting from you:
- At least 6 years of experience performing software development, software engineering, or software automation.
- Significant experience performing software development in Linux operating system environments.
- Experience with web development frameworks (Angular, Django, Tornado, etc.)
- Experience with agile software development in Java, C/C++, Python, Go, or Node.js.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills.
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree).
- Active Secret or Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
What we are desiring from you:
- AWS experience preferred.
- Experience with Docker and containerization.
- Experience with development and CI/CD tools such as Git, Jira, GitLab, or Jenkins.
- Experience performing automation in Windows or Linux environments using scripting languages such as Bash or PowerShell.
- Fundamentals of Active Directory and networking.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.stratussolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.