Software Engineering | McLean, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
DAE are specialists in advancing the U.S. Intelligence Community mission in the cloud, with industry-leading expertise in cloud-native application development, cloud migration, smart lift and shift, and commercial product integration.
On joining our team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support, and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- As the Software Developer, you will maintain several custom production applications that provide a central repository of data on entities of interest and allows users to make associations amongst these entities.
- Additionally, the developer is responsible for supporting the migration of these applications to a secure, zero trust Enclave to the secure.
- The developer will also support all activities required for the approval and accreditation security process and tenant onboarding to the Sponsor’s Enclave.
- The developer will participate and periodically work on other systems/small taskings as assigned to support the Project Portfolio IT modernization efforts.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
- Agile: Able to work as part of a small team working together to develop a solution for both commercial and government customers.
- Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
- Someone looking for culture and fit and not just another position.
- We not only work hard, but play hard with our regular happy hours, Super Smash Bros./Video Game tournaments, and board game events)
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Demonstrated experience in full-stack development
- Demonstrated experience with working with Apache, Tomcat, Glassfish, IIS, WebLogic
- Demonstrated ability to deliver solutions using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Demonstrated experience developing within and managing multiple operational environments and platform configurations
- Demonstrated experience with scripting technologies (e.g.- Perl, Ant, Rake, Maven, Python)
- Demonstrated experience with any Customer integrating with RDBMS and NoSQL constructs
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or experience that would provide equivalent knowledge OR Strong Understanding of computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithm design.
- Demonstrated proficiency of modern front-end technologies such as Angular.js
- Demonstrated experience with Agile development methodologies and test-driven development
- Demonstrated experience designing, creating, and maintaining REST based interfaces
- Demonstrated understanding of networking and core Internet Protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and routing in distributed networks
- Demonstrated experience in Configuration Management concepts and tools [Git, SVN]
- Demonstrated experience as a Microsoft SharePoint developer and Site Collection Administrators (SCA)
- Demonstrated experience exhibiting oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong leadership ability and experience juggling competing priorities
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs, and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and open-door policy.
www.digitalageexperts.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.