Software Engineering | College Park, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Stratus Solutions, Applied Insight’s cloud infrastructure specialists, deliver next-generation cloud solutions that give Federal customers greater command and control, insight, and security for their public and private cloud deployments.
On joining our team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support, and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
As part of the team
- You will be working on refining and implementing new features on several in-house GOTS products.
- Your day to will include working on Automation for end-user Virtual Machine provisioning/de-provisioning (VMWare, and Amazon AWS platforms)
- Automation for Active Directory security group manipulations
- Backend business logic for interaction with various 3rd party products
- Automated cloud and network provisioning
- Special data tracking and dissemination tool development
- Automated auditing and reporting
- Integration with JIRA Service Desk, Agile and Confluence products
You will excel in this role if you are:
- You are a creative thinker who is able to take customer requirements and provide creative solutions to meet their requirements.
- You are constantly learning about the latest technologies and trying to apply them at work.
What we are expecting from you (i.e., the qualifications you must have):
- Two or more year’s experience with a scripting language (Python strongly preferred)
- Experience with the Django framework
- Experience creating, running and working with Docker containers
- In-depth knowledge of web application development and experience troubleshooting
- Experience with Git
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to make small design decisions when needed
- Three years of Software development experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university. 4 additional years of software development experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- US Citizenship.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with a Polygraph clearance
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Experience in any object-oriented programming language (e.g. Java, C#)
- Experience with ASP.NET framework, IIS, SQL
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.stratussolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.