Software Engineering | Herndon, Virginia | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
***MUST HAVE Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph***
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
As the Software Engineer, you will develop, create, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs.
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions.
- Designs software or customizes software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.
- May analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
- Researches, designs, develops, and tests operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific, and general computing applications.
- Sets operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements.
- Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- Analyzes and develops computer systems possessing a wide range of capabilities, including numerous engineering, business and records management functions.
- Develops plans for automated information systems from project inception to conclusion including systems requirements determination.
- Designs software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manages their implementation.
- Manages software development and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques and Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools.
- Analyzes user interfaces, maintain hardware and software performance tuning, analyze workload and computer usage, maintain interfaces with outside systems, analyze downtimes, analyze proposed system modifications, upgrades and new COTS.
- Defines the problem, and develops system requirements and program specifications, from which programmers prepare detailed flow charts, programs, and tests.
- Coordinates closely with programmers to ensure proper implementation of program and system specifications. Develops, in conjunction with functional users, system alternative solutions.
Software Engineer Level 1
- Bachelor's and 0 years, or Associate and 1.5 years; or 3 years SW Development experience
Software Engineer Level 2
- Bachelor's plus 3 years, or 7 years' experience
Software Engineer Level 3
- Bachelor's plus 6 years; or 10 years' experience
Software Engineer Level 4
- Bachelor's plus 11 years; or 15 years' experience
Software Engineer Level 5
- Bachelor's plus 16 years, or 21 years' experience
Software Engineer Level 6
- Bachelor's plus 16 years, or 21 years' experience
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
Applied Insight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.