Software Engineering | Washington, DC | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
DAE are specialists in advancing the U.S. Intelligence Community mission in the cloud, with industry-leading expertise in cloud-native application development, cloud migration, smart lift and shift, and commercial product integration.
On joining our team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support, and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- As a Software Engineer, you will work with other contractors and staff to develop and maintain multiple applications.
- You will develop, test, implement, and maintain complex applications and databases.
- As a Software Engineer, you will develop applications that provide functions for data entry, reporting, and searching or querying databases using languages such as Node.js, Angular, and PostgreSQL. As a Software Engineer, you will develop front end-user interfaces.
- As a Software Engineer, you will work in a commercial cloud infrastructure. As a Software Engineer, you will use agile development practices.
- As a Software Engineer, you will develop and maintain an awareness of the Sponsor's on-going IT projects and business unit requirements.
You will excel in this role if you are:
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Demonstrated experience designing user interfaces
- Demonstrated experience scripting with one or more of the following: Angular, AngularJS, Vue or React
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Demonstrated experience migrating legacy Lotus Notes Applications to web applications
- Demonstrated experience with AWS and DevOps
- Demonstrated experience with relational database platforms such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL or SQL Server
- Demonstrated experience performing queries and using other functions of SQL
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing or consuming micro-services
- Demonstrated experience using Linux or Unix operating systems
- Demonstrated engineering experience working with Public Key Infrastructure
- Bachelors of Science degree in Information Systems specializing in Web Development or equivalent experience
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.digitalageexperts.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.