Software Developer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Software Engineering | College Park, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Work individually and as a part of a team of very talented software developers.
- Take customer requirements and provide creative solutions to meet their requirements.
- Refine and implement new features on several in-house Government Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) products.
- Perform operations on end-user Virtual Machine provisioning/de-provisioning (VMWare platform) supporting the automation of Active Directory security group manipulations.
- Maintain the backend business logic for interaction with various Open Source Software (OSS) and/or Commercial Off¬The-Shelf (COTS) 3rd party products.
- Maintain change management of source code using Git and GitLab.
- Make design decisions when needed in order to produce better production products.
- Perform daily development duties using .Net framework with C#, IIS, SQL, Python, and Visual Studio.
- Perform basic network and workstation administration tasks.
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and document test results.
- Resolve software problem reports.
- Utilize software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Open Source Software (OSS) and/or Commercial Off¬The-Shelf (COTS) Government Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) software in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Perform shell scripting.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Working knowledge of Configuration Management (CM) tools and Web Services implementation.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years of work experience. In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional four (4) years experience is required.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Experience with Internet Information Services (IIS) for Windows.
- Experience with Windows PowerShell.
- Experience with virtualization tools such as VMware.
- Experience developing in UNIX.
- Experience writing scripts using Bash/Python.
- Experience with using the Unix command line.
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence).
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker.
- Experience developing RESTful services.
- Familiar with Agile development best practices.
- Familiar with using JSON as a lightweight data-interchange format
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s vaccination policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or receive a legal exemption and must submit proof of vaccination or exemption on their first day of employment.