Software Developer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Software Engineering | Columbia, MD | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Stratus Solutions, Applied Insight’s cloud infrastructure specialists, delivers next-generation cloud solutions that give Federal customers greater command and control, insight and security for their public and private cloud deployments.
Everyday we support missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and development operations (DevOps).
At Stratus, you will solve real-world problems, work amongst others who share your passions and feed your ambition. Our company was built by and is run by engineers who not only understand the importance of hiring those who are great at what they do, but also understand and grant the autonomy you need to achieve success. We give you the tools you need to enable your career.
Your Mission: To primarily support virtualization and resource automation for the US CYBERCOM developers.
You will be working to enhance tools that they use everyday to create virtualized computing environments. You will get the rare opportunity to develop unique GOTS software, while adding features, enhancements, and thinking of new solutions based on the changing needs of our infrastucture.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
Stratus employees have been supporting the Cyber Immersion Lab (CIL), the experimentation facility for USCYBERCOM, for over 5 years. We designed the IT architecture, built the IT system, and now sustain and evolve the infrastructure to meet current and future needs. A software developer working at the CIL will have the rare opportunity to be hands-on with a variety of technologies, including continued development on custom software for the lab. We also encourage team collaboration and knowledge sharing across the team to build a deeper bench of skills that benefits the whole support team.
- Automation for end-user Virtual Machine provisioning/de-provisioning (VMWare and Amazon AWS platforms)
- Automated scripting for Windows and Linux system tasks
- Automated configuration of Windows domains, through Active Directory object integration and manipulation
- Backend business logic for interaction with various 3rd party products, including SaltStack
- Automated cloud and network provisioning
- Automated auditing and reporting for system administration
- Integration with JIRA Service Desk, Confluence, and other Atlassian products
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Motivated: Excited to learn new things and embrace new technology needs with software solutions.
- Agile: Able to work as part of a multi-faceted infrastructure team to develop front-end software
- Efficient: Able to automate tasks, and find problem areas that would benefit from automation
- A Team Player: We value our team mentality!
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- TS/SCI with full scope polygraph
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or IT- related field. An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree
- 3+ years of applicable experience
- Experience with C# (preferred) or JVM-based object oriented language
- Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as PowerShell or Python.
- Strong understanding of virtualization (e.g. VMWare, Amazon AWS)
- Strong familiarity with Linux and Windows platforms
- Familiarity with RDBMS, i.e. SQLServer
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications)
- Visual Studio with TFS/Git
- ASP.NET MVC, jQuery, Bootstrap
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility
- Fundamentals of Active Directory and networking
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Workflow
- Experience with Docker, and configuring/deploying containers
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.stratussolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.