Other | Washington Metro | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
Develop, configure, maintain, and administer SharePoint websites. Your daily responsibilities will be to develop and design web applications and software, develop SharePoint sites, and manage the SharePoint servers in an enterprise environment. Daily activities include the support in development and maintenance of J2EE and/or DOTNET applications. Knowledge in one or both applications is a must. You will also will be required to convert processes into SharePoint workflows; interfacing with project team members and following the system engineering life cycle best practices.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
• 5-8 years of experience in a SharePoint developer role using SharePoint online/O365 and
SharePoint on Premise 2013/2016.
• Minimum seven (7+) years’ experience in working in technical teams for IT Delivery and Support.
Must have experience working in an Agile development team.
• Experience in client interaction and understanding business application, business data flow and
migration from SP 2010 or 2013 to 2016.
• Experience in SharePoint framework, building sites in hybrid environments, developing and
• Extensive work/experience with SharePoint Designer and InfoPath.
• Experience with Application Server development, middleware integration, and COTS product
• Experience with Visual Studio and other Microsoft IDE or good knowledge of Eclipse IDE for Java
• Working knowledge of supporting applications Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo).
• Knowledge and understanding of SDLC process, performing unit testing, and packing to deploy from
DEV to PROD.
• Extensive Knowledge of and ability to maintain and customize J2EE based applications and / or Skills
• Ability to work independently, prioritize effectively, multitask, and manage time appropriately.
Results oriented, independently driven, self-motivated.
• Track record of delivering results, setting strategy, and leading a large volume and high-profile
customer; including influencing stakeholders and working in cross-functional projects.
• High threshold for working in an ambiguous, fast passed environment-figuring it out and adapting as
• Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting
• Strong communicator, ability to concisely communicate complex information.
• Ability to create original documentation, to include Architectural and Process Flow Diagrams
• Requires BS/BA and 5 years’ experience or if no degree, 8 to 10 years work experience is required.
• Must successfully pass a background check and any additional customer background investigation requirements prior to employment
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
• MCSA (Teamwork Administrator Associate)
• MCSD (App Builder)
• MOSS (Microsoft Office SharePoint Server)
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s vaccination policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or receive a legal exemption and must submit proof of vaccination or exemption on their first day of employment.