Systems Administrators | Arlington, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
Applied Insight is seeking a ServiceNow Developer who will be responsible for maintaining and developing ServiceNow for a federal government customer. The candidate will provide application support for the configuration, customization, and administration of the ServiceNow ITSM Product Suite, including Incident Management, Problem Management, and Change Management. The candidate does not have to have previous experience with ServiceNow and training will be made available. Job functions may include: Subject matter expertise in ServiceNow system applications and custom applications.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Configure, implement, and maintain a ServiceNow system including the management of workflows, user roles and access, integrations, and implement and drive automation in the system
- Multi-task between upcoming platform growth and maintenance projects, current open items, and planning for future customer additions to the platform
- Integrate platform with external service providers to drive operational automation and efficiency
- Create, maintain, and enhance Incident Management, Problem Management, Service Request Management, Service Catalog, Knowledge Management, Self-Service Portals, Single Sign On (SSO) capability, and Active Directory Profile synchronization
- Create, maintain, and enhance team dashboards and reporting, including scheduled reports
- Overhaul, maintain, and enhance Change Management, as well as current connections between ServiceNow and other systems
- Create, maintain, and enhance future connections between ServiceNow and other systems.
- Maintain forms, reports, views, workflows, groups and roles
- Assist with implementation of ServiceNow applications and provide technical insight in designing and supporting ServiceNow while aligning to service management best practices.
- Perform in the areas of administration, documentation, and technical support of the ServiceNow platform with a focus on designing and delivering technical solutions that are developed on the ServiceNow platform
- Support CMDB, including importing customer data
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of relevant experience. Additional experience can be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Customize and configure application UI and workflows
- Experience working within the ServiceNow platform completing administration tasks, including user provisioning, ticket research and response, reporting, and maintenance activities
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platform resourcefulness, problem-solving aptitude, and self-motivation
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism dealing with both internal and external entities ITIL and agile
- Experience supporting the implementation, administration, configuration and/or development of the ServiceNow tool or equivalent hands-on experience in the IT industry involved in providing ITIL and IT Service Management Solutions in IT Infrastructure with expertise in the ITSM suite Experience in Administration of a ServiceNow instance including the management of users, groups, and roles, CMS Development, ACLs, business rules, workflows, UI actions, UI policies, dictionary, and catalog items.
- Implement security (including Access Control Lists)
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance.
- US citizen
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- ServiceNow development experience
- Certified ServiceNow Application Developer, Implementer, or System Administrator certification is highly desired
- Scripting language experience
- Highly organized, structured, process oriented, and a self-starter
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- ITIL certification
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
Applied Insight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.