Senior Windows System Administrator - Top Secret SCI
Infrastructure | Melbourne, FL | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life:
As the Senior Windows System Administrator you will:
- Perform Microsoft Server installations and creation of Virtual Machines (VMs) with the latest DISA STIGs as a baseline. Document and present criteria and specifications for system modification and maintain equipment. Support network tests to validate interoperability of changes on the operational network. Address and provide mitigation plan on CCRI findings. Maintain CCRI patching compliance score of 2.5 or below on a weekly basis..
- Optimize virtualization performance using VMware and Windows tools, and recommend corrective actions to any real and perceived performance problems. Collaborate with team members to derive a collectively agreed upon course of action while informing the AFTAC team lead. Adjust all performance settings of individual virtualization server, virtualized hosts, software, data replications, snapshots, and backup configurations in order to optimize virtualization performance. Maintain virtualization by the daily monitoring and reporting of any hardware or software faults. Address virtualization reporting by opening internal service tickets and remediate faults that are locally fixable.
- Provide technical support for bare metal and Microsoft Windows servers and VDI. Ensure Windows server instances are compliant with all applicable DoD and AF policies for hardware/software configuration and approval requirements, to ensure sustainability and availability throughout the lifecycle of the system/software. Meet the following certification and accreditation standards: ICD 503 - IC Info Tech Systems Security Risk Management, and NIST 800-53, Security and Privacy Controls for Federal Information Systems and Organizations.
You will excel in this role if you:
- Have experience performing Microsoft Server 2008 through current release installations and creation of Virtual Machines (VMs). Perform server/database patching and bug fixes via System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS). Monitor, plan, and coordinate the distribution of client/server software and service packs via scheduled outages. Perform administrative tasks in Active Directory and Directory Resource Administrator (DRA) such as creating user accounts, adding users to security groups, adding workstations and servers to Organization Units (OUs), creating distribution groups, and creation of OUs. Carry out maintenance and configuration of New Technology File System (NTFS) permissions Access Control List (ACLs), share permissions, and verification on file server shares.
- Can execute system backups and verification of data integrity with backup Client and VMWare snapshots. In addition, schedule and perform various areas of data restoral across all networks. Perform data migrations (e.g. using tools like robocopy). Perform audit logs of all systems via log puller script and verification to ensure logs are pulling correctly. Manage and maintain Patch Management software: Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). Perform troubleshooting with upstream servers and/or site management aspects of boundaries, component configuration, Structured Query Language (SQL) tasks, and health of site status for Distribution Points and Management Points.
- Can execute tasks with print, anti-virus, file, and application servers, migrate printers to new print server; configure antivirus policies, client and version upgrades; setup/configure file shares in a failover cluster, and modify ACL structure; configure application dependencies such as Internet Information Services (IIS), .NET Framework, etc. for certain application servers. Provide support to the IT manager in developing and coordinating future IT infrastructure replacement plans and shall include hardware tech refreshes and software upgrades.
- Can oversee network and server configuration maintenance and management with proper continuity on day-to-day tasks. Coordinate large-scale projects such as the movement of a data storage, physical-to-virtual (P2V) server conversions, migrations and Domain Controller configuration changes.Design, implement, and perform Active Directory Organization Units structure, Security Group structure (group nesting), delegate control of OUs, raise domain functional level, run Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) queries and command-line tools dsquery, dsget and dsmod.
- Can perform Terminal Services/Remote Desktop Services and tasks such as adding roles in Windows Server (Remote Desktop Session Host, Remote Desktop Services), configure ACLs, add required Group Policy changes, obtain self-signed Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates, and configure components for RemoteApp Manager access, monitoring sessions, applying Citrix licensing settings, publishing applications, and control application incidents not relating to user's profiles. Execute Domain Controller administration and maintenance to include identifying and transferring Flexible Single Master Operation (FSMO) roles and use Active Directory Service Interfaces (ADSI) for attribute changes, ensure the proper assignment and configuration of operations master roles, perform regular backups of the directory database, manage domain and domain controller security policies, and set application-specific attributes for Active Directory–enabled and –integrated applications, such as Microsoft Exchange.Perform daily tasks with Recovery Manager for Active Directory (RMAD).
What we are expecting from you:
- Top Secret SCI Clearance
- 8+ Years of Systems Administration experience in a Windows environment
- IAT Level 2 or 3 Certification
- Computer Environment Certification
- Top Secret SCI Clearance
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: Administering & Deploying SCCM
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.