Senior Windows Engineer
Infrastructure | Arlington, VA | Full Time
SENIOR WINDOWS ENGINEER
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
A day in the life-- a few of the things you might be doing on any given day:
- Expert level proficiency in Microsoft PowerShell
- Expert knowledge of desktop operating systems such as Windows 7 and Windows 10 and customizing the user experience.
- Significant experience with Group Policy Objects (GPO)
- Significant experience with Domain Name System (DNS)
- Proficiency with Skype for Business on Premise Solutions and Integration with O365
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NTP and assorted other protocols
- Significant experience with large, complex Microsoft server-based environment
- Ability to work with VMWare ESXi and VSphere
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Servers (AWS) – EC2, S3, VPC
- Must have good knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2008 to Windows 2016.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects; both short term and long term
- Perform administrative tasks from the Operation Manager console, provide application support for the SCOM platform and create and maintain monitoring and notification rules.
- Review and update SCOM console security, apply patches, create SCOM console roles and reviews, and create and install custom Management Packs (MP) as needed.
- Deliver SCOM views via Remote Desktop Web Access, create custom reports on results of SCOM monitoring, using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) technologies, and provide problem resolution for SCOM components and related custom scripts.
- Deploying Operating System Images (Windows 10) via SCCM OSD:
- Configuring WDS, configuring PXE, configuring the VM build environment, and integrating with MDT
- Build / Capture / Update Windows 10 images
- Manage images (updating of Drivers, etc.)
- Creating Distribution Points and distributing the images accordingly
- Creating a deployment Task Sequence and deploying the Task Sequence
- Creating Packages for Operating System Deployments.
- Deployment of Applications and Software Updates:
- Creating and deploying applications with user device affinity, compliance settings, Software Center and task sequencing.
- Monitoring updates via Automatic Deployment Rules (ADR), Update Groups, Deployment packages, and other methods.
- Reporting on the success or failure of Application deployments.
- Management of Compliance Settings by creating and importing Configuration Items (CI)
- Deploy Client Management agents
- Manage clients using Group Policy, WSUS, logon scripts, Client Push, etc.
- Troubleshoot client health
- Manage and report on hardware and software inventory Create, modify, and produce custom reporting as needed
Our expectation is that you will excel in this role if you:
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Ability to obtain Public Trust
- 5+ years’ experience in working with PowerShell, Office 365, Azure, Active directory, SaaS, OneDrive, Skype for business, SharePoint
- Working knowledge of ADFS, AD trust, forest\child domain architecture, AD Sites and Services, AD integrated DNS, Public DNS, LDAP, DHCP, GPO, groups, AD permissions and AD delegation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft PKI and OCSP implementations.
- Experience with the installation and administration of Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2012
- Experience in application/network performance and availability monitoring
- Experience using the Microsoft Windows PowerShell scripting engine to automate tasks with SCOM
- Experience with System Center Configuration Manager 2012
- Experience with System Center Service Manager 2012
- Experience with System Center Orchestrator
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of Office 365 management tools
- Experience with Microsoft System Center
- Technical written & verbal communication skills (technical writing)
- VMware ESX /5.5/6.0/6.5
- Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.