Senior Voice Network Engineer
Networking | Washington Metro | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Architect, Design and Optimize Cisco Unified Communications products including Unified Communications Manager, Unity, Call Center and Contact Center Express for 40,000 endpoints Nationwide
- Develop and implement the technical architecture and physical design of the network: analyze existing voice and data networks and recommend solutions Install and configure voice gateways as part of the IP telephony system
- Install and Configure Flexpod Virtual Hosting environments for Unified Communications Infrastructure
- Troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to complex hardware/software problems
- Configuring and troubleshooting Voice Gateways/Gatekeepers
- Key player in the design and implementation of full-life cycle Cisco Unified Communications project
- Perform analysis and diagnosis of complex voice and data network issues
- Provide technology leadership to other members of voice team.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Hands on experience with installing and troubleshooting Cisco Unified Communications, Unity and IPCC/UCCX, CUCM, CUC, CER, CUPS, SME, ISR CUBE, VDRs
- Hands on experience with creating and maintaining IPCC/UCCX scripts
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP and ability to install and troubleshoot LANs and WANs
- Knowledge of Oracle ACME, NetApp Flexpod, Singlewire InformaCast, CISCO UCS B Series servers and infrastructure components, Calabrio call recording, and VMware hypervisor
- Experience designing network solutions and topographies given client requirements and goals
- CCVP, CCDP certification desired.
- CCIE certification preferred
- Ability to manage and coordinate projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and desire to succeed
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.