Internal Application: Senior Systems Engineer
Infrastructure | Hampton, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
This is a critical role where you will be providing high quality Global Command and Control System (GCCS) and Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) system administration, technical, engineering, and hardware support for central site Air Combat Command (ACC), Joint Base Langley-Eustis (JBLE) VA and 23 remote locations. Additionally, as the project lead, you will be the liaison between the technical team, the customer and other operators providing support to this important mission.
You will excel in this role if you are:
A goal-oriented individual who is detailed and organized. You will be the on-site team lead and will be the face of the company to this organization. As the lead senior systems engineer, you will be responsible for the technical and managerial guidance of the team. The Senior Systems Engineer is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operations of GCCS systems and servers. The support of the GCCS mission systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. You will also coordinate with the customer, and ensure all Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) reports are prepared and submitted in a timely manner.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Eight (8) years of experience information systems administration support, of which two (2) years of experience providing technical expertise and support for C4 programs.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a field applicable to this position [e.g. information systems, computer science, math, or engineering; equivalent to that of System Administrator/Engineer.
- Demonstrated proficiency maintaining the following systems and platforms: Oracle, UNIX, Solaris OS, NIS+, ACAS, VMWare, NetApp and Red Hat
- Demonstrated expertise with Network Infrastructure to include Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA), Firewall, Router, Switches, IAVA Patching/Upgrade, Documentation and SOP, Failover/Coop.
- DoD 8570.01-M IA Level II certification.
- Demonstrated expertise with System Engineering and development.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (COVID-restrictions apply)
- Active DOD Top Secret Clearance
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Basic Cisco Router and Switch experience needed but not required.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.