Senior Systems Engineer
Infrastructure | Springfield, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Collaborate and support the Senior Engineering and Project Integration staff in assessing, documenting, and tracking existing and new program requirements
- Support the program by developing artifacts, architectural documentation, and integration of various sources into a cohesive product, preparation of graphical and narrative presentation
- Support the integration, and testing of specific components of hardware/software systems on a complex program
- Work and interact with engineers across multiple contracts to produce architecture artifacts that span technical, physical and logical designs supporting a portfolio of managed services
- Monitor service line communication channels for immediate needs throughout the day
- Support comprehensive solutions development by leveraging subject matter experts from across several contracts and service lanes to produce and document environments
- Managing assigned service tickets and coordinating closure as needed
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Ten (10) years’ experience as a Systems Engineer supporting complex, multi- site enterprise scale environments; with a Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Computer Science, etc) .
- Experience writing detailed, technical documentation
- 8570 compliance, IAT Level II certification
- Active TS/SCI clearance
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Accountability, ownership and a drive for continuous improvement (Industry Certs, Education etc.)
- Performing IT project integration related work to include the following:
- Ability to present to internal & external leadership
- Running project control gates, tracking tasks
- Collaborating with different service lanes
- Producing technical diagrams with Microsoft Visio
- Using project tracking tools (i.e., Jira, Confluence, KanBan Boards)
- Adept at learning and applying new technologies - Keeping up to date on emerging technologies and tools will be encouraged and important
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A deep expertise in one of the following areas and working knowledge of one or more of the other following:
- Juniper / Cisco Networking
- Cisco ASA / Palo Alto Firewalls
- VMware Infrastructures and architectures, virtual networking, vROPS
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux, YUM, Satellite, Capsule technologies
- Enterprise Storage Systems (EMC (Unity, Isilon platforms) NetApp)
- Enterprise scale backup technologies
- DISA STIG Audits, hardening and remediation procedures
- Certification and Accreditation Experience
- Risk Management Frameworks
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.