Internal Application: Senior Systems Engineer
Infrastructure/Security | Arlington, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
Applied Insight is seeking a highly motivated, flexible, organized, and detail oriented Active Directory Engineer to join our dynamic team. Active Directory Engineer is responsible for providing operational and project support for an enterprise Active Directory environment. The Active Directory Engineer is required to have expert technical knowledge and understanding of Active Directory including experience supporting large-scale and highly complex environments.
You will excel in this role if you:
- Ability to create an Organizational Unit (OU) & add workstations, users and groups in AD
- Create and modify Group Policy Objects and working knowledge of AGPM.
- Working knowledge of PowerShell to automate repetitive tasks.
- Understand ADFS and related terminology.
- Update and create relying party trusts.
- Update SSL certificates used in ADFS. Work with application owners to troubleshoot Single Sign On (SSO) implementation tasks.
- Understand ADCS components such as Certification Authority and Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP).
- Working knowledge of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI). Integration of smart cards (PIV) with Active Directory.
- General understanding of ActivClient Desktop software.
- Microsoft Web Application Server (WAP) experience
- Working knowledge of KMS and Active Directory-based activation service.
- Working knowledge of O365 and must have PowerShell to get mailbox details and remove emails from user’s mailboxes.
- Working knowledge of OneDrive, Microsoft Teams and SharePoint Online
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent certification
- Minimum of 7-10-year IT experience
- Minimum of 7 years of Active Directory technical experience that includes the operational support and implementation of large-scale, enterprise level solutions
- Proven experience effectively communicating technical issues\challenges to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Solid understanding of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) principles
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 Active Directory and above.
- Experience with Windows Azure, AWS or other public Cloud technologies
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or an equivalent certification
- Competencies: Competency Proficiency Description Active Directory 5
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Public Trust background security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information.
Clearance: U.S. citizenship is required.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.