Senior Systems Administrator
Systems Administrators | Chantilly, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems.
- Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems.
- Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring, and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, etc.
- Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problems.
- Coordinate with Tier 1 support; mission partners; end-users; and others
- Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
- Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process.
- Configures and manages UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity, and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Analyze system performance and take corrective actions as needed
- Develop and update support documentation and Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability to independently represent the program in supporting a consumer's or mission partner's maintenance activity
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Embracing Emerging Technology: You will leverage a variety of technologies, in a well-funded environment, to solve intricate technical problems impacting national security.
- Well-rounded: You appreciate the opportunity to work across multiple technologies.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn and work with new things.
- Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop cutting edge solutions.
- Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- TS/SCI with polygraph
- Experience supporting, configuring, or managing in a Linux operating system environment
- 6 years of experience as a Systems Administrator role supporting Tier 1-2 requests
- Demonstrated experience providing exceptional customer service directly to end users
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge working within the Agency’s enterprise environment
- General equivalency guidelines for education, certifications, and experience are provided below; however, these guidelines do not immediately qualify someone at a particular level. Skill levels for an individual are based upon a combination of education, training, and experience, e.g. someone may have 20 years of professional experience; however they may only be qualified as Full Performance based upon the expertise needed to perform the work within that category.
- General professional years of experience may be substituted for specialized years of experience at a ratio of three (3) years of general experience within an occupation for one (1) year of specialized experience.
- Relevant certifications will be considered equivalent to three (3) months of specialized experience.
- An Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill will be considered equivalent to eighteen (18) months specialized experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill will be considered equivalent to three (3) years specialized experience (total equivalency is not cumulative when combined with an Associate’s degree).
Minimum Experience for a senior level practitioner:
- Someone that has extensive experience or training related to a particular skill, language, system, or technology and is capable of not only delivering a capability tied to that skill, but passing their knowledge on to others.
- Requires a minimum of six (6) years of experience specific to the skill.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
https://www.applied-insight.com/careers/open-positions/ EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
COVID Policy: Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s COVID-19 policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or submit to regular testing as defined in the policy and must self certify to their vaccination status on their first day of employment.