Senior Server Infrastructure Support Engineer
Infrastructure | Washington Metro | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
Work on the server operations team with the US Capital Police -working on server optimization/server infrastructure
- Designs, documents, and implements server solutions, including replication and disaster recovery, along with supporting enterprise technologies.
- Supports server technologies for virtualized and non-virtualized devices.
- Configures, implements, and upgrades new and existing computer systems.
- Performs system analysis, including I/O and architecture.
- Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
- Provides recommendations for system enhancements and additions.
- Performs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
- Develops tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
- Enhances efficiency through process orchestration and automation.
- Establishes and maintains procedures for ensuring the continued system reliability.
- Provides consultation on standards, policies, principles, practices and techniques of system engineering and documentation.
- Researches, compiles, and analyzes system design to assist with the resolution of network issues.
- Utilizes process improvement methodologies such as the Capability Maturity Model.
- 50% remote
You will excel in this role if you:
- Present and communicate comprehensive information, ideas and advice in a clear, concise and logical manner, both orally and in writing.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- VMware experience with version 6.5 or later
- Windows server experience in version 2012, 2016, or 2019
- BS, 10 years OR 12 years (2 years of experience substitute BS)
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Experience with server virtualization and related technologies.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from Anthem BCBS which include PPO plans and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance options.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes vacation and floating holidays.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s vaccination policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or receive a legal exemption and must submit proof of vaccination or exemption on their first day of employment.