Senior Proposal Manager
Corporate | Tysons, Virginia | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life:
As the Proposal manager you will:
- Work Solutioning sessions for pre-RFP and Draft RFP opportunities to include Blue, Black and Pink Teams prior to Final RFP Release. Work closely with opportunity Leads to begin solutioning at the DRFP level of all Federal and Commercial Agency bid opportunities begin building solutioning strategies, graphic design and document development working sessions.
- Analyze RFPs/RFQs, develop compliant volume templates with annotated outlines, compliance Matrices and Capabilities matrices to all requirements of the RFP/RFQ and SOW/PWS
- Write, Develop and support RFIs/Market Survey’s/SSn Responses for four (4) Business Units on potential proposal bids for Federal and Commercial Agencies in step with Solution Architects and SMEs.
- Establish and manage a detailed proposal schedule of all proposal parts for all departments, subcontractor teammates and their corresponding volumes for submission.
- Respond to all Q/As for the bids and stay connected to Federal and Commercial Agencies for proposal updates, amendments and revisions to the DRFPs, RFPs, etc.
- Execute all proposal activities at all stages of the proposal development cycle from RFI/Market Survey/SSns and response Draft RFP activities, Q/As Submissions, compare final RFP against Draft, finalize proposal template, create and maintain Teams/SharePoint proposal sites, hold author trainings, facilitate all Proposal and color team kick-off and debrief meetings, all theme development, Proposal (internal and external) team guidance throughout proposal schedule, to include data calls to Prime’s for SubK contracts and Oral presentation development when applicable.
- Manage proposal processes with all departments of AI: Pricing, Contracts, Security, HR and subcontractors to ensure their timely responses to the Proposal schedule milestones.
- Coordinate and lead proposal production, to include graphic development and editing, technical editing/one voice acronym lists and consistencies throughout, advanced/expeditious desktop publishing skills from beginning to end to ensure the proposal is delivered on time every time.
- Develop strong repository of proposal reuse materials and implementation of associated best practices.
- Write and develop Resumes and Past Performance responses to the SOW/PWS requirements.
- Understanding of submission file sizes, graphical requirements and sizes for compliance
What we are expecting from you:
- 7+ years of experience coordinating or managing multiple Federal and Commercial proposals simultaneously
- Experience with technical writing/editing
- Experience with graphic editing
- Advanced Desktop Publishing skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft tools and applications, proficiency in graphic software (Adobe, MS Project/Visio)
- Proficiency in MS Teams/SharePoint including accesses and privileges
- Shipley and/or Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) expertise preferred
- BA/BS in a related field
- Ability to hold and maintain a security clearance
- Remote work available, when approved.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.