Internal Application: Senior Project Manager
Infrastructure/Security | Arlington, VA | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
Our expectation is that you will excel in this role if you:
We are seeking a Project Manager to support IT infrastructure and application projects. The Project Manager will be responsible to lead and manage assigned projects to completion. The ideal candidate will possess an IT technical background and have demonstrated experience with managing various types of IT projects, experience with implementing various project methodologies, and success of meeting project deliverable on time.
- Clearly define project requirements
- Initiate, plan, execute, control, and properly closeout projects
- Develop appropriate methodologies to track project status and report to leadership and other stakeholders
- Develop effective communication plans across functional teams, to include external and internal organizations, and government personnel to ensure project success
- Identify project roadblocks, develop mitigation, and provide risk assessments
- Meet project schedule deadlines and project deliverable
- Mitigate and control project scope creep
- Properly document integrated project team meetings and provide detailed meeting minutes
- Develop appropriate project documentation to include implementation and deployment plans
- Follow established organizational processes for configuration and change management
- Lead and manage projects supporting IT infrastructure and critical system applications
- Create and deliver presentations to leadership and key stakeholders
- Track and manage weekly progress reports against the plan
- Run prioritization meetings to understand user needs
- Facilitate deployment planning and coordination
- Collect and report on project metrics
- Support projects using various project methodologies such as Agile, Hybrid, or Scrum
- Utilize Jira and Confluence to manage project tracking, reporting, and customer dashboards
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust Clearance
- 5+ years of project management experience
- PMP, CASM, or similar project management certification
- Experience with managing projects supporting IT infrastructure or applications
- Development of project documentation
- Preferred experience managing IT projects in an Agile or Hybrid development system
- Demonstrated experience developing project plans such as project objectives, information specifications, schedules, deliverables, and risk
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Requires bachelor's degree or equivalent
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.