Senior Project Manager
Infrastructure | Washington Metro | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
A day in the life-- a few of the things you might be doing on any given day:
Plan, organize and direct the efforts of a program team, serve as on-site focal point for technical and administrative matters ensures all data submittals are complete correct and in accordance with contract prior to submittal and track financial data of individual tasks. Senior executive focal points for all projects within the program responsible for all contractual, staffing, financial, performance and delivery issues.
With indirect supervision, provides leadership for IT software projects for all phases of the system development life cycle to include initiating, planning, controlling, executing, and closing. Responsible for translating requirements into workable tasks and for overseeing the development of proposed solutions to meet business needs and achieve customer acceptance.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of experience leading teams or projects.
The Project Manager possesses significant related management experience.
Should have PMI project management type of certification(s) and strong experience with best practiced software development methodologies and frameworks.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits:
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.