Senior Project Manager
PMO Support | Tysons, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Provide day-to-day program management and execution within the stated goals, objectives, and direction of the Program Manager.
- Ensure thorough and effective program and project planning and programming development and documentation through timely, detailed, and well-researched responses to queries.
- Ensure accurate documentation outlining costs, schedule, and performance as well as concerns/issues to be addressed.
- Ensure contract deliverables are accomplished.
- Meet internal and external due dates.
- Provide Weekly Activities Report, monthly status summary report, monthly funding status report as part of the monthly invoice, updates at milestone completion, and Final Report at project end.
- Ensure effective, efficient, timely, and technically competent support (other associated contractors, company management, etc.) when requested.
- Ensure all contract deliveries are received and logged.
- Provide cost-effective recommendations.
- Drive continuous improvement.
- Support business development and proposal activities
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- 10+ years of Project Management Experience supporting a PMO
- Experience with large contracts and project budget tracking.
- Experience with personnel management, meeting management, team organization.
- Business development and proposal experience preferred
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, strong Excel skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and team player.
- Must successfully pass a background check and any additional customer background investigation requirements prior to employment
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree
- PMP Certification
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.