Senior Network Engineer/Architect
Network Engineers | Columbia, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Bridges, an Applied Insight Company, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Bridges, an Applied Insight company team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
As the Network Engineer/Architect, you will:
- Engineer and translate high-level security requirements into deployment strategies to upgrade/modernize the Government infrastructure
- Utilizing Government solutions, perform gap analysis ensuring connections meet Government requirements Perform analysis of end-users requirements and provide Government boundary solutions based on analysis
- Validate new components and hardware for use on the Government networks through enhancement and testing methodology
- Research, identify, improve, and document best practices and enhancement/technology modernization processes
- Conduct integration engineering efforts to include delivery of system diagrams, artifacts, and designs that meet the program and system requirements
- Research technical topics related to next generation initiatives such as cloud-based firewall technologies, commercial cloud solutions and provide recommendations to the government
- Update drawings and required documentation for all engineering changes
- Execute security boundary migration plans and perform the transfer of all core traffic to the boundary.
- Implement high-speed, scalable, and fault-tolerant network topologies
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph Clearance
- Twelve (12) years experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited college or university is required
- Four (4) years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
- Five (5) years experience with the following Network Tools; What’s Up Gold and NetFlow
- Three years’ experience with DCID 6/3 and/or ICD 503, “Intelligence Community Information Technology Systems Security Risk Management, Certification and Accreditation”, dated 15 September 2008
- Three (3) years’ experience creating firewall rule sets from analysis of network traffic
- Three (3) years’ experience with component validation of security devices
- Three (3) years’ experience integrating boundary solutions into customer networks
- Three (3) years’ experience configuring switches, routers, and firewalls
- Domain Area Requirements: Five (5) years’ demonstrated experience in Computer Network Operations, Protection Level (PL) 3 high/high solutions utilizing Layer 2 to Layer 7; Five (5) years experience with the following Network Tools; WhatsUpGold and NetFlow
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst which include a PPO plan and 2 HMP Plans
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed. 3% 401K profit share contribution.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; sick and vacation. Plus 80 hours of Holiday leave (10 days)
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off. -per month
- Everyone is eligible for an annual bonus based on performance
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.