Senior Network Engineer
Infrastructure | Washington Metro | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
A day in the life-- a few of the things you might be doing on any given day:
This role is a shift role, with the hours of 3:00pm – 11:00pm (Monday – Friday). The position requires superior problem-solving skills working with cutting edge technologies. In this role you will be responsible for design, implementation, modification and maintenance of complex technical environments, networks, and systems. Must have strong experience with networking configuration within Data Center, LAN and WAN environments. You will be responsible for network infrastructure engineering support services, including but not limited to installing and configuring network equipment, monitoring network infrastructure health, patch management, and supporting connectivity to other networks and facilities. This position is the top tier SME level for all aspects of network operations.
Network Design and Implementation
- Prepare order instructions for WAN circuits, equipment and services as defined by the customer
- Configure WAN/LAN (hardware, software)
- Document network diagrams, infrastructure, IP addressing schemes, routing, security policies, and load-sharing
- Develop and document network provisioning requirements and policies
- Provide capacity planning assistance to develop network resource requirements projections
- Support core Internet protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, MPLS, QoS, etc.)
- Install and configure Cisco 2800/2900, 3800/3900, 4400/4500 series routers
- LAN engineering, optimization, implementation and operational support at the HQ and any other sites, as needed (Cat 6500, VSS, 4500, 3750s, etc.)
- Responsible for IP address management of the currently allocated subnets as well as evolution to the new addressing policy for the enterprise architecture
- Heavy O&M support and trouble-shooting of any network related issues covering the entire enterprise (LAN/WAN/Data Center, Internet/TIC, etc.)
- Support QoS, multicast, and content delivery
- Develop and document requirements and policies for network monitoring and problem management
- Provide guidance for network operation implementation and support process and procedures,
- Provide support as tier 3 escalation
- Identify processes network problems and resolve in accordance incident and problem management services, policies, procedures
- Coordinate resolution of circuit problems with third parties, including public carriers, ISP and external vendors
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Cisco Certified CCNA, CCNP
- Experience with installation and configuration of Cisco Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K, 9K.
- Experience with Catalyst 9500, 9400, 9300
- Knowledge of ACI & SDA is highly preferred.
- Experience with installation and configuration of Palo Alto and WAF
- Experience with F5
- Experience with Cisco DMPVPN and IPSEC
- Strong experience in Cisco Routing and Switching including knowledge of MultiCast, QoS, IOS Security, and content delivery
- 8+ years LAN/WAN experience
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.