Internal Application: Senior Mobility Engineer
Infrastructure | Arlington, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
We are seeking a Mobile Device Management (MDM) Engineer to support hardware, software, and cloud services to help deploy, manage, track, and audit mobile devices. The MDM Engineer will act at the Tier 3/Tier 4 level and is responsible for system architecture, tracking, and troubleshooting mobile devices and administering the AirWatch and Workspace One environments. This individual manages, maintains supports, troubleshoots and optimizes the mobile cloud environment, its related mobile devices, and suggests adjustments and new system designs for future needs. The Mobile Device Administrator/Engineer ensures that all mobile devices and activation are in compliance with the client’s policies and procedures.
- Uses hands-on experience to provide technical leadership and hands-on support for in evaluating, designing, implementing, and managing mobile devices.
- Identify business and technological drivers that motivate the project, as well as collect data about current systems and their performance.
- Help determine the technical configurations & settings for mobile infrastructure to comply with client policies.
- This includes configuration of all tiers involved – mobile device (iOS, Android, and Windows Tablets), MDM solution (i.e. AirWatch/Workspace One), client network, Office 365, etc.
- Help establish a reliable and efficient process for mobile device management, including provisioning, de- provisioning, field support, etc. This will require excellent organization skills and strong coordination and communication skills to work with representatives from agencies across the country
- Perform engineering work supporting implementation of Derived Credentials solutions in partnership with other contractor engineering and development groups
- Help establish Tier 3 / 4 support processes, SOPs, knowledgebase, etc.
- Provide Tier 3 / 4 support for AirWatch/Workspace One infrastructure
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust Clearance
- 7+ years of Infrastructure engineering experience
- Good working knowledge of ActiveSync, Exchange Online, Microsoft AD Services
- Demonstrated ability to work with MS PowerShell
- Real-world MDM solution experience e.g. MaaS360, AirWatch, Good, etc.
- Real-world experience with AirWatch/Workspace One. Understand AirWatch/Workspace One as an engineer.
- Strong networking background, understanding of DNS
- Externally focused, consultant mindset
- Strong background providing user support
- Ability to transform business requirements to infrastructure requirements.
- Liaise with Client's business units and VMWare consultants for installations, deployments and troubleshooting of new AirWatch releases and also evaluate new OS mobile device releases for iOS, Android, and Windows.
- Architect AirWatch routing with on premise servers, cloud Device service and exchange CAS servers
- Understand the needed infrastructure needs for setting up the IT infrastructure solution
- Perform high level and low-level design of LAN/WAN and Wireless networks as required to support business
- Working knowledge of proxy, web connection protocols
- Cellular technology working knowledge
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.