Senior Linux/UNIX Systems Administrator - Top Secret SCI
Infrastructure | Melbourne, FL | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life:
As the Senior Linux/UNIX System Administrator you will:
- Design, implement, and support LINUX clusters and associated HPC storage solutions, have knowledge of HPC/supercomputing vendors and their offerings.
- Provide advanced engineering support to existing HPC platforms with regard to system configuration upgrades.
- Provide support to mission customers and 709 CYS personnel through critical design presentations and reviews.
- Execute system backups and verification of data integrity with backup software and virtual environment/software. In addition, schedule and perform various areas of data restoral across all networks.
- Perform cluster resource management with managers and task schedulers (i.e. Moab, MAUI, Torque, LL, Slurm, SGE etc.).
- Perform compiling scientific modeling software (i.e. WRF, MCNP, or other CFD programs) including MPI libraries (i.e. MPICH, MVAPICH, OpenMPI) utilizing PGI, Intel, or GNU compiler suites.
- Perform work with users in developing & troubleshooting runtime submit scripts for their parallel model runs.
- Perform management of Beowulf- style Linux clusters with dedicated fabric interconnects in an Operational environment.
- Perform tasks utilizing high performance file systems (i.e. Lustre, PANFS, GPFS or similar file systems).
You will excel in this role if you are able to:
- Create and configure file systems and file system attributes, such as permissions, encryption, and access control lists to include network file systems.
- Maintain/configure internal and external DNS utilizing Bind.
- Manage RedHat 6.x/7.x System administration, performance tuning/monitoring, maintaining fault tolerance, account management for internal, lab environments and remote locations.
- Perform complex user account migrations of Network Information Service (NIS) and LDAP on RedHat 6.x/7.x.
- Build RedHat KickStart configurations and perform server installations with KickStart.Manage complex RedHat SELinux configurations and perform troubleshooting.
- Build, install and manage complex RedHat Satellite servers managing hundreds of clients.
- Have the ability to perform shell scripting in one of the more common shells such as: Bash, C, or Korn.
- Address and provide mitigation plan on CCRI findings.
- Achieve a 2.5 or below compliance score baseline within 6 months and maintain CCRI patching compliance score on a weekly basis. If the contractor cannot accomplish performance objectives for reasons outside of their control notify the Government and the Government will adjudicate as necessary. (CDRL A008).
- Perform complex user account migrations of Network Information Service (NIS) to LDAP on RedHat 6.x/7.x.
- Build Solaris 11 Image Packaging System servers to perform installations and updates for Solaris 11 SPARC and Solaris 11 x86 servers.
What we are expecting from you:
- Active Top Secret SCI Security Clearance
- 7+ year of experience in System Administration including performance tuning/monitoring, maintaining fault tolerance, account management for internal, lab environments and remote locations.
- IAT Level 2 or 3
- Computer Environment Certification
What we are desiring from you:
- Oracle Solaris 11 Systems Administration I, II, III; Oracle Solaris 11; Logical Domains; Oracle Solaris 11 Zones; Oracle Solaris Essentials and Shell Oracle;
- Solaris 11 ZFS Administration; Oracle Solaris 11 Security Administration; Oracle Solaris 11 Performance Tuning and Management;
- Red Hat System Administration I, II, III; Red Hat Automation with Ansible; Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE); Red Hat Satellite Administration; Red Hat
- Enterprise Virtualization; BASH shell scripting; PERL shell scripting Programming.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.