Internal Application: Senior Infrastructure Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Infrastructure | College Park, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Stratus Solutions, Applied Insight’s cloud infrastructure specialists, delivers next-generation cloud solutions that give Federal customers greater command and control, insight and security for their public and private cloud deployments.
On joining our team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life:
As the Senior Infrastructure Engineer you will be part of new R&D effort and will be responsible for the designing, implementing and administering of new infrastructure services in which you will stand up from scratch. You will be designing implementing and administering a VMware environment on the bleeding edge hardware. You will need to bring in-depth and large enterprise virtualization experience working with tools and technologies including Linux, VMware, and Python. You will design networking solutions based on the customer’s requirements and you will be responsible for implementing those solutions.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- A “technology translator”: Help bridge the gap between both technical and non-technical audiences and must be able to speak to each in a language they understand.
- Well-rounded: You will need to bring in-depth experience across multiple and varying technologies including LINUX, Windows, VMware, and Cisco IOS.
- A Big Picture thinker with execution know-how: You will need to understand the customer’s overarching high-level goals and lead technical tasks.
What we are expecting from you:
- 12 Years of Experience in System Engineering.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience with Windows and Linux Server installation, configuration, operation, and customization.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience with Networking and NAS technologies/protocols that include the ability to troubleshoot and correct errors.
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP protocols that include the ability to troubleshot and correct errors.
- Ability to quickly learn and shift in step with the latest virtualization and networking technologies.
- B.S. in Computer Science, IT IS or equivalent area of technical study (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a B.S. Degree).
- TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph.
What we are desiring from you:
- Redhat Certifications: RHCSA or RHCE
- Network Certifications: CCNA or CCNP
- Virtualization Certifications: VMWare VCP
- Scripting: Python/Shell
- Orchestration tools: Salt, Ansible, Puppet
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs, and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and open-door policy.
www.stratussolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.