Senior Infrastructure Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Infrastructure | Columbia, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
Your Mission: Develop and implement creative IT solutions for USCYBERCOM.
You’ll work closely with a team to create new solutions, solve problems, and enhance infrastructure on a day-to-day basis. This position offers a rare opportunity to grow your career while working directly with a dynamic team to learn new skills and experience cutting edge technology, all while supporting cyber experimentation.
Applied Insight employees have been supporting USCYBERCOM J9 Applied Research and Development (ARD) for over 6 years. We designed the IT architecture, built the IT system, and now sustain and evolve the infrastructure to meet current and future needs. Our engineers working in ARD have the rare opportunity to be hands-on with a variety of technologies in a diverse multi-vendor environment where there are no stove-piped lanes of work. We encourage team collaboration and knowledge sharing across the team to build a deeper bench of skills that benefits the whole support team.
- VMware vSphere and View administration.
- Windows and/or Linux systems administration.
- Physical deployment of machines, networking, and development environment components.
- Cisco devices routing and switching.
- Cisco UCS administration.
- NetApp administration.
- Splunk deployment and administration.
- Addressing “Tier 1/2/3" service desk tickets, and communicate with the users daily.
- Account creation/modifications and assisting with onboarding users.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- A great communicator: Able to be a “technology translator” for our customers and users on a daily basis.
- Customer-service oriented: Enjoy working on the front lines and interacting directly with our userbase.
- Motivated: Looking to learn new things. We encourage cross-training and learning new skills in our lab environment is possible every single day.
- A problem solver: Able to work through technical issues and critically think through new solutions.
- A team player: We value our team mentality!
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or IT- related field. An additional 5 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree.
- 20+ years of applicable experience.
- Hands-on experience with desktop troubleshooting and the ability to think analytically and logically.
- Hands-on experience with network troubleshooting.
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Experience working in ever-changing dynamic environments.
- Hands-on experience with virtualization technologies (VMware).
- Scripting or Automation Knowledge.
- Experience working with Active Directory in a Windows environment.
- Enthusiasm to learn new skills, ability to work in a team environment, and desire to grow your career.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.