Senior Information Assurance
Infrastructure/Security | Washington Metro | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
A day in the life-- a few of the things you might be doing on any given day:
Serves as a principal advisor on all information systems matters, technical and otherwise, involving the security of an IS (classified Information System) under her/his purview.
Perform assessments of systems and networks within the networking environment or enclave and identify where those systems and networks deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, or local policy. This is achieved through passive evaluations such as compliance audits and active evaluations such as vulnerability assessments.
Establishes strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and supports obtaining certification and accreditation of systems. Includes support of process, analysis, coordination, security certification test, security documentation, as well as investigations, software research, hardware introduction and release, emerging technology research inspections and periodic audits.
Assist in the implementation of the required government policy (i.e., NISPOM, ICD 503), make recommendations on process tailoring, participate in and document process activities.
Perform analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
Support the formal Security Test and Evaluation required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results and preparation of required reports.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Bachelors degree with 8yrs or MS with 6yrs of relevant experience.
- Candidates must have a current DOD TS/SCI security clearance with an original adjudication, or a periodic reinvestigation date, completed within the last 6 years to be considered.
- Current IAM Level 2 Security Certification (CAP, CASP CE,CISM)
- Active TS/SCI clearance
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.