Internal Application: Senior Engineering Technician
Infrastructure | Washington, DC | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
A day in the life-- a few of the things you might be doing on any given day:
- Assist Customs and Border Protection, Air and Marine National Aviation Maintenance Contract Program Managers and Contracting Officer Representative (COR) as necessary.
- Work independently as needed, in technical and program schedule analysis, acquisition, maintenance and fleet operational processes.
- Maintain source document databases and periodic inspection reports from contractor deficiency reports.
- Ensure aircraft, aeronautical, and support equipment component configurations are correct and that all essential modifications have been incorporated.
- Assist with contract compliance for aircraft maintenance, equipment repair, paint applications, upgrade, delivery, manpower, ground support and training.
- Study and forecast future tooling and budget postures for current and future assets. Review Aircraft Configuration Change
- Requests for Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing aircraft and make recommendations based on the needs of the program.
- Assist acquisitions department with maintenance needs of proposed aircraft through research.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in aeronautics or a closely-related aviation field strongly desired. Master’s degree in a related field a plus.
- Must be able to provide specialized technical Subject Matter Expertise essential to CBP AMO’s National Maintenance Program.
- Must have FAA Airframe & Powerplant license (A&P) and Inspection Authorization (IA) rating
- Must have at least 15 years’ experience on General Maintenance and Aviation Maintenance hands on experience on Fixed Wing and Rotary Required Wing aircraft.
- Providing technical and program schedule analysis, acquisition, and maintenance and fleet operational processes.
- Utilizing source document databases and periodic inspection reports in developing safety and quality trends related to aircraft maintenance.
- Reviewing and Advising that aircraft, aeronautical, and support equipment component configurations are correct and that all essential modifications have been incorporated in accordance with applicable FAA Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Assisting Program Managers or CORs with contract compliance for equipment repair, maintenance, upgrade, manpower, ground support, and training for all CBP AMO aircraft or similar.
- Writing and maintaining Minimum Equipment Listings (MEL) for all CBP AMO National Program Maintenance assets
- Tracking PMEL inspections, acquisitions and scheduling programs
- Oversight of maintenance programs: Corrosion Control, Tool Control, FOD, Hazmat, Safety, OSHA / EPA.
- Reviewing Aircraft Configuration Change Requests for Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing aircraft and make recommendations based on needs of the program.
- Review and advise CBP personnel on the management of the Air and Marine Operations (AMO) paint schedule by fiscal year (FY), propose updates to the paint schemes as necessary, advise on the selection of aircraft to be painted by FY, periodically assist in the review of contractor quality assurance during final paint acceptance from vendor.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from Anthem BCBS which include PPO plans and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance options.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes vacation and floating holidays.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.